First Choice SplashWorld water slide tester –
(6 month placement)
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT:
Product Development & Delivery
Head of Product Development & Delivery
At a Glance
First Choice’s SplashWorld offers the best range of holidays with an unlimited use of a waterpark included in the price. To ensure that our customers get the very best experience, we are looking for a water slide tester to ride the slides, sample the food, then report back and blog about what’s on offer. In addition, the role will have responsibility for suggesting and trialing more general developments to our All Inclusive holidays.
What you’ll be doing:
- As guided by the product development & delivery team, make inspection visits First Choice’s SplashWorld resorts to test and feedback on the hotel & water park experience to ensure that it meets our high standards.
- Visit potential new properties to assess their suita bility for inclusion within the SplashWorld range.
- Ensure Facebook, Twitter and blog posts are researched and written to an extremely high standard and produced within tight deadlines.
- Working closely with the social media and search engine optimization (SEO) teams, to maintain a water park tester page on our First Choice blog, to help promote the SplashWorld concept through engaging and stimulating posts.
- Ensure all posts conform to the First Choice tone of voice and style guides.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of social marketing content and campaigns
- Support the development & delivery and marketing teams during peak cycles, helping to generate creative content for web, brochure and ad hoc projects around the business.
- Working with the PR team, undertake PR and media activities to promote the role, First Choice brand and products.
- Contribute to the development of the broader First Choice all inclusive offering and provide feedback on trials initiated by product development & delivery team.
- Conduct regular customer research, face to face and possibly online to understand the needs of our customers better.
Key skills and knowledge required: (i.e. those required to fulfil role, including qualifications):
- Strong written and verbal skills – ideally educated to degree level
- Experience engaging with and writing for social media and/or in an online environment
- Open minded and creative with a good sense of humour
- Confident, charismatic and happy to deal with the media
- Happy to work independently as well as part of a busy team
- Ability to establish relationships with customers and staff at all levels.
- Seen as a good ambassador for the First Choice brand and is able to influence external audiences in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to be discreet and diplomatic when appropriate
- A natural ability to truly understand the behaviours and motivations of our family customers, both children and parents.
Any additional relevant information:
- Must be willing to travel and remain flexible at all times.
- Must be excited about waterparks; be comfortable in swimwear and happy to get wet at work.
- Please be aware a full Police, CRB and media check will be carried out prior to start date